Monday 12 March 2012

Elle loves River island...










On Thursday I went to an event at River island in accossiation with Elle magazine.
The event was pretty awesome. Free Malibu cocktails- I haven't drank that stuff since I was *cough* 16- at this point I must say I do not condone underage drinking :S However, I forgot how good it was- like a Caribbean party in your mouth.
There was also a free mani-pedi station, break dancers and a fashion show.
Showcasing the Miami heat, pastels and demin trends in River island for SS12- I definitley saw a few pieces that were lust worthy- check the embellished collar, pastel hues and the aztek printed jeans!!
I also caught up with the ever lovely Bonnie Rakhit of Elle magazine with a little Q&A:


Age: 33 (I know right?! I want what SHE uses)

Job: Fashion editor of Elle magazine

Wearing: All River island- Acne shoes (positively perfect heel)

Favourite High street shop: River island- I love all the Miami heat stuff, very Rihanna.

Favourite trend this year: Sport Luxe with a neon pop (girl after my own heart)\

What is your 'failsafe' piece? Vivienne Westwood Anglomania dress- no matter how I am feeling, that will pick me up!

How much do you spend on clothes a month: not that much actually (I suppose she gets most of them for free.)








I wore a relitively casual ensemble- pale blue Topshop jeans, a breton top from Zara (I loves me some breton) jewellry by Accessorize and A jacket I got five years ago from a brand called Almost Famous which I am now blagging as vintage.

*I have an exciting new project launched this week, it is a sister blog to this one called TWICETHEBLOG if you like this blog then I am sure you are going to love this one, click on the link to follow :)*

No comments:

Post a Comment