Monday 2 January 2012

Authors who once knew better words now only use four letter words writing pros...

Hat: Mango Jumper: Zara Skirt: Topshop Shoes: Jimmy Choo Bag: Milan Gloves: acessorize This outfit urged a boy walking past me to proclaim, 'What the f*ck is she wearing?!'- charming young man he was.. This happens to me at least twice a month (I shan't mention at this point what the boy in question was wearing- trying to be the bigger person and all that) I don't blame him, not everyone can fathom why anyone would want to dress any other way than what they deem as 'the norm' it's not a point of trying to be different, in fact it's quite the contrary- it's an expression of your mood or feeling. You see, I have a problem. I am an unashamed book worm. Now this in itself poses no problem, the issue is that I tend to channel whatever character from the book I am reading at the time. You are just as likely to see me dressed as a character from a book as you are channelling a designers collection. Inspiration takes many forms and big one of mine is in literature. Language is becoming a lost art, reading is one of the few times when you can steal a few minutes for your imagination - often turning into hours... I am currently reading 'The Paris wife' This is about Hemingway's wife Hadley and their life together in Paris in the 1920's-I have an innate love for Hemingway and were he still around, I am pretty sure I would be a groupie. In light of this I find myself unknowingly channeling 'flapper chic'- I know, I know, its being going on for a while and fashion is loving 'the roaring 20's right now- maybe I am being inadvertently influenced by trends or I just happen to be lucky with my era of choice? Chicken and egg scenario. Either way, I find myself on a daily basis thinking 'What would Hadley do?' I think that's a sign I need to finish this book, and soon. You can probably guess what a lot of my christmas presents were this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment