Saturday 23 July 2011

And they all lived together in a little row boat

I have finally found a boater hat that doesn't A. make me look like my namesake 'Madeleine the french orphan' Although i am rather partial to the idea of a romanticised existence in Paris or B. make my head look like a pea. I found this little beauty on the off chance whilst walking past one of my favourite charity shops -I am an extremely avid charity shop trawler, I always find the best things in there for so much cheaper than the 'vintage' ones, there seems to be more of a story behind the garments also. This particular hat i secured for £2- you couldn't make it that cheap - to quote my mother. It went perfectly with my riviera type outfit I was channeling in the vein attempt to allure a bit of the Italian magic back into my life *sigh* You cannot get, in my humble opinion, better smoothies than that from 'Olive and Bean' in Newcastle- fresh fruit, non of the rubbish. perfect

2 comments:

  1. LOVE how you look in these pictures! That hat is really magnificent :) Great blog! Would you like to follow each other?

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's taken a while to find it!! Will gladly follow you, your blog is lovely x

    ReplyDelete